Raleigh Borneo Expedition, 4th July to 10th September 2018

I'll be volunteering for a 10 week Raleigh expedition in Sabah starting from 4th July to 10th September 2018.

What is Raleigh International?
Raleigh International is a youth and sustainable development charity. Since year 1984 they have inspired over 36,000 people from all walks of life, nationalities and ages to get out there and rise to the challenges of life on expedition.

*photo taken from Raleigh International's official website

Raleigh international runs expeditions to Borneo (mainly in Sabah), Costa Rica & Nicaragua and Tanzania, and they'll take in youth venturers from every parts of the world (aged 17 - 24) on every expedition.

*photo taken from Raleigh International's official website

Since year 2003, Raleigh Borneo has been running expeditions in Sabah, whereby volunteers will be doing community, environmental and adventure projects to support the rural communities who're living below the poverty line in the remote areas of Sabah. Volunteers will be working out on these main areas: providing access to safe water and sanitation, building stronger and more resilient communities, protecting vulnerable environments.

*photo taken from Raleigh International's official website

If you wish to know more about Raleigh International, please check them out through their official website: https://raleighborneo.org/

Why do I want to volunteer for Raleigh Borneo Expedition?


* Photo of me sharing with the children in Kg. Ambual, Sabah about the importance of wildlife conservation.

 I wish to know more about Raleigh's initiative in promoting sustainable natural resource management and hopefully I'll be able to implement the knowledge that I've learnt from this expedition into my future community projects in the rural areas of Sabah and Sarawak.

Venturers are encouraged to carry out a fundraising project to fund our own expenses (a minimum of RM3,000) as part of the youth development aim in Raleigh. The money raised will then be spent on the development of young people through community and environmental projects in Sabah. (Raleigh international projects are endorsed by the United Nations, Sabah Government, European Social Fund and many more.)

I'm really thankful to my family, friends, colleagues and Impian Malaysia's volunteers who have been giving me endless support and words of encouragement, and also contributed to my expedition fund! If you would like to contribute to my fundraising project, donations can be made to the following account:

Bank: CIMB Bank
Account Name: Wong Poh Yoke
Account Number: 7049060718

 If it's not too much of a hassle, kindly send me a screenshot of your bank-in slip once you donated to my account. You can send it to my email: pohyoke_127@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for your kindness! =)










Comments